Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Outfit: dropped hemlines

Voila, my new skirt:

It’s an interesting length that took me a while to get used to it. It looked so nice on the mannequin in the store so I just bought it without trying it on first or thinking about it. I had fallen for the pattern.

Then as I tried it on at home I acutally wanted to return it at first. I had already put in back in the shopping back, ready to return it. Just before returning it I tired it on once more and suddenly really liked the length and the shape on me. So I kept it.
At first I had not clue what to wear it with but for a start I paired it with a simple black tank top. I might be a bit more adventurous the next time I wear it but for the time being I am quite happy with this simple combination.

To avoid looking short I wore the skirt with my skyhigh Zara gladiator heels.

Somehow the skirt a slight 50s feel. After wearing it all day I kept on feeling like a rich lady on the French riviera in the 50s, if I'd worn a pair of big sunglasses and one of these huge sun hats the look would've been perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive